Bonding Connecting Elements and Catheters
Catheters and connection elements, such as infusion lines or tubes are usually made from plastics and are bonded. UV- and LED-curing acrylic-based adhesives are especially suitable for this purpose due to their short curing times, which speed up production and hence reduce production costs. Instant adhesives are used successfully for hard-to-bond substrates.
Typical applications are:
- Bonding fluid lines, containers and pumps for, for example:
- Bonding infusion lines to tap bars
- Bonding tube- filter unions
- Bonding complete sets:
- Infusion sets
- Blood and medicine sacs
- Bonding tube-connector and tube-adapter connections to complete sets and systems
- Catheter bonds
- Bonding pipes and tubes of various diameters into shafts for catheter production
- Bonding latex balloons onto (also multi-lumen) tubes for angioplasty
Because the adhesives can come into contact with the liquids at the bonded joints, the adhesives used must, in addition to being health-compatible and organically safe, be resistant to liquids and common sterilization methods. Adhesives used in flexible tubes systems must, furthermore, have the required flexibility and strength. Because of the tight fits of tubes and connectors, capillary-action adhesive systems are especially well suited for this application.
The table below lists a selection of adhesives from Panacol that are suitable for bonding connecting elements. Further products and custom solutions are available on request.